Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Few Thoughts


1. One of your colleagues generated a twitter account which can notify you whenever I post new content to the blog. This prevents you from having too check so often if I have not posted anything new. The account is: http://twitter.com/GMUECON_309_2

2. After sharing my "rant" last night with some fellow econ-geeks they think that I was not out of line at all, if anything, right on the money, if only a bit rhetorical in my presentation, which makes things a little more entertaining. I have posted the rant on my other, non-class-related, permanent blog: http://www.failuretorefrain.com/naturalaw

3. I have received most of your papers already. For those of you who turned in late, or haven't turned in yet at all, I am taking 1% off the grade for every hour it is late. That gives you practically 4 and a half days to turn it in for some credit still. I find that imposing a real increasing marginal cost creates the right incentives for students to get things done quickly.

4. Presentation:
Here is the last student-produced video for this week's material.


5. My videos. I managed to get a couple of more videos uploaded last night. (Groan) You will be responsible for all material covered in these. There are a few more things I would like to say about antitrust, but they will have to wait until after the exam. You should all have had sufficient exposure to Hayek's Use of Knowledge in Society by now, but I may still post my thoughts on the last portion of that essay at some point today.

No comments:

Post a Comment